Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Africa update

We have internet at our chateau. Yeah! Some fast highlights. It took us two and 1/2 days to get to camp. I felt safe the whole way. There were some weird things, like the cars driving on the wrong side of the road and the steering wheels on the wrong side of the vehicles, starting in Joburg, South Africa. But we made it here with only a few minor incidences. Camp is incredible. I could get used to someone taking my order for anything, and someone doing my laundry. The food is awesome, they have not served me wild game yet, Bret warned them ahead of time. Dining is very formal, not the dress, just the order in which we are served and the way that we are served. Our chateau is open at the end, so when we wake in the morning we are right in the African bush. There is a water hole, they call it a pan, outside of our room. I have seen zebra, wart hog, wildebeest, and baboon, right from my room. I have now seen all the animals on my wish list except for a rino, and the big cats. However, I don't think I will get to see them. We are guarded all of the time for our protection and they tell us that the cats have seen us, but we have not seen them. The people here are wonderful. However, it is very strange to have servant kind of people. The servants are treated well by the owners, but certainly not as equals. I will post more later.

1 comment:

  1. A-mazing. Right out your chateau. Experience of a lifetime!!!

    ReplyDelete